The Ginger Ninja

Saturday night. Indian takeaway. Bottle of Diet Coke. Bag of Malteasers. X Factor and a movie.
A regular Saturday night you might think.
Throw a silent furry assassin into the mix and it nearly results in a visit to A&E (not for me this time I might add! For those not in the know, I have previous. I get the same bed every time I visit!!)
I was in the kitchen plating up and Caroline was in the living room setting the coffee table for our sophisticated Saturday dinner. On her way back through to the kitchen Elvis darted out from under the dining room table - SURPRISE!
Caz didn't anticipate this warm greeting as usually he's just lying on the floor in front of the radiator so she ended up tripping over him. He was flying through the air as Caroline was stumbling closer and closer towards the floor. The look of pure fear on her face as she stoated towards me to stop her self from face-planting on the floor.
I'm standing holding two curry dishes watching it unfold in slow motion. It literally took seconds but felt like it went on for ages. After checking she was alright I found Elvis and unceremoniously launched him into his cage in a state of panic. We sound like terrible pet owners!!
Caroline styled it out like a pro though, and didn't fall. Mummy protection instincts kicking in I guess, because later on she said if she wasn't pregnant she'd have been quite happy to skelp the floor and shake it off.
Once I made sure Caz was ok, we scooped Elvis up for cuddles and made sure that he too was ok.
Not only was he not injured, he seemed very content - totally oblivious to his role as a three-legged ninja!!
After dinner there was a small bout of hysteria - a little bit of maniacal laughing and tears!
Mum, baby an bunny are all fine, we just got a bit of a fright.
And Elvis is grounded!!



Comments