10 Things I've Learned As A New Daddy This Week (Part 12)

**WARNING**  - This one is quite sick heavy!

1. When I'm drying her off with her hoody towel after bath time, Mara looks as if she's being inducted into the K... Well you get the idea!

2. Bath time has become something she loves now, especially getting jugs of water poured on her tummy (Weirdo!) However, I would enjoy giving her a bath much more if she stopped spewing in it half way through!

3. Date night used to be a nice meal in Pizza Express followed by a trip to the cinema if we were lucky. Now, it's leaving Mara with Gran & Papa G while we grudgingly drag ourselves off to the gym for an hour. How times have changed.

4. Having spent my younger years working behind a bar and cleaning up the aftermath of people who can't hold their liquor, you'd think I'd be able to clean up projectile vomit at 6 in the morning...

Wrong.

This one caught me off guard and I ended up sitting in a puddle of sick for 20 minutes in case there was any aftermath. She took out the Sky remote, my laptop, the sofa and my ass.

5. At 14 weeks old, I've taught our daughter how to stick her tongue out! I'll probably regret it, but it's funny for now!

6. Also, at 14 weeks old, we think Mara is in the process of cutting teeth (WTF?!) She's dribbling worse than Caroline does whenever Chris Hemsworth is on the TV.
(No, I'm not getting a complex...!)

7. My daughter owes me a pair of slippers (don't judge me, I'm almost 32, comfortable footwear is the way forward!)  In another vom related incident she pulled a proper John Virgo Trick Shot and destroyed my slippers... Which were under our bed! She's got a better aim than Hawkeye off of the Avengers!

8. Tummy time needs a bit of work!
This was 5 minutes in and she slept for nearly half an hour!

9. Sleepyheads are THE best baby bed ever! Mara is usually asleep within minutes of being placed in hers and I would thoroughly recommend it to expecting parents or those with restless babies! It also means that us parents trying to deal with a lack of sleep can get some well deserved shut eye!
Keren, Stephen & Joshua - thanks for the heads up!

10. Despite all of the barf bombs being thrown our way, I wouldn't change a thing. She's growing up too quickly!


Please feel free to follow us on Facebook - Thoughts Of A First Time Dad

Click the link, give us a like and spread the word.

Comments