2. The folds of a baby's neck provide ideal growing conditions for fungus! I don't think I'm supposed to bathe Mara more than once a day.
3. Now that we're trying proper foods and not just formula, the "Code Red" nappy's have increased substantially...
4. Mara has yet to work out that the louder she cries and protests the more it convinces us that she is definitely going for a nap.
5. There are fewer things in life as funny as a baby noisily filling their nappy, staring you square in the eye and giggling away.
6. It's too easy to get to 3.00pm and realise you haven't stopped working since 7.30am and have managed to achieve the grand total of fuck all.
7. An 'epic lie in' as a dad means sleeping past 7.30am on a Saturday.
8. When hurriedly bringing your baby into your bed at daft o'clock in the morning, you should really check first if they've woken themselves up because they've shat everywhere.
9. Mara has discovered her hands (and weirdly her ears, she's always pulling on them!) and that they are good for grabbing things and forcing them towards her mouth. Toys, muslins, Grannie's blouse... We're at the "discovering the world with her mouth" stage.
10. We bought a Fisher-Price Roaring Rainforest Jumperoo for Mara recently and she absolutely loves it! We've had to stack a couple of cookbooks underneath her though as she can't quite reach the floor, but once she finds her feet she can get quite a bounce going! She honestly seems fascinated by everything it has to play with!